We strive to make your stay at HammondCare Greenwich Hospital as calm and comfortable as it can be.
With state of the art facilities, renovated rooms and beautiful grounds to enjoy, we aim to ensure that your time here is as pleasant as possible.
Rooms & accommodation
All the rooms at HammondCare Greenwich Hospital have been recently renovated, with modern décor and amenities to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Rooms are spacious and private, and all rooms look over either water or the surrounding treetops.
Rooms contain the following:
- Ensuite bathrooms
- Bedside locker
- Lounge chair
- Visitor chair
Patients and their visitors are also welcome to enjoy other common spaces in the hospital. These include a patient recreation room, outdoor sitting area with a gazebo, and the chapel. For information on other facilities and services available during your stay, please see our Services page.
What to bring
- Patients should bring the following:
- A list of any current medications
- Referral letter (if applicable)
- Relevant x-rays or scans (if applicable)
- Medicare card or number
- Pensioner entitlement card (if applicable)
- Private Health Insurance details (if applicable)
- Swimming costume
Fitness gym clients:
- Comfortable clothing for exercising in
- Comfortable flat and closed in shoes
- A water bottle is desirable
In-patients should also bring the following:
- Nightgown or pyjamas, dressing gown, jacket and slippers
- Underwear, toiletries and other personal effects
- Comfortable everyday clothing that is suitable for gym activities, and suitable shoes for walking
- Reading matter and/or hobby materials
Money and valuables
We suggest that neither valuables nor large sums of money be brought to the hospital. Where this is unavoidable, a safekeeping facility is available. To use this facility, please notify nursing staff on admission.
However, the hospital cannot be responsible for valuables retained by patients while they stay at the hospital. Items may be obtained from safekeeping only on Monday to Friday between the hours of 8.00am and 4.00pm.