Admission Procedures 

We strive to make your experience at HammondCare Greenwich Hospital as smooth and calm as it can be. 

Our admission procedures and care aim to reflect this goal, and we encourage you to get in touch or ask questions at any point in your stay. 

How do I access HammondCare Greenwich Hospital services?

For detailed information on admission process and what you can expect from your stay in our various units, please see below. 

In-patient rehabilitation

To access our in-patient rehabilitation unit you will need a referral from your treating specialist or General Practitioner.

Referrals can be emailed to or faxed to 9903 8332.

If you are a patient in an Acute Hospital and are deemed ready for inpatient rehabilitation then a transfer can be arranged by talking to your doctor or ward staff.

P (02) 9903 8333

Rehab Inpatients Referral Form Rehab Inpatients Referral Form (358 KB)

Palliative and Supportive Care 

A referral from your general practitioner or treating specialist is required for admission to our Palliative Care service. Usually you will then be assessed by a palliative care clinician and transfers will be arranged as needed.

The Palliative & Supportive Care Unit at Greenwich Hospital provides palliative care for:

  • Short-term admission for symptom management
  • Admission to meet the special needs of patients in the final stages of their illness

P (02) 9903 8227

Palliative Care Referral Form Palliative Care Referral Form (47 KB)

Ambulatory services

You will need a current referral from either your treating specialist or General Practitioner to access our Ambulatory Services.

Once this is received an appointment will be made for you with one of our rehabilitation specialists and a suitable program will be designed for you based on what your needs are.

To speak to someone about our Ambulatory Services and what we can offer you please call (02) 9903 8333.

Ambulatory Services Referral Form Ambulatory Services Referral Form (344 KB)

The Pain Clinic

You will need a current referral from either your treating specialist or General Practitioner to be seen at the Pain Clinic.

We also request that you complete a questionnaire about your pain to accompany your referral.

For complete information on admission procedures, please see the Pain Clinic’s Contact Us page, contact the Pain Clinic on (02) 8788 3958.

Pain Management Questionnaire Pain Management Questionnaire (514 KB)

Pain Management Referral Form Pain Management Referral Form (265 KB)

Specialist Mental Health Services for Older People

For information on admission to the Riverglen unit, please see our Specialist Mental Health Services for Older People page, or contact the Nurse Unit Manager on (02) 9903 8311.

If you have any general questions about the Riverglen Unit, please don’t hesitate call us on (02) 9903 8311.

If you feel that you or someone you care about is in a crisis situation please contact the Mental Health Telephone Access Line on 1800 011 511.

Get in touch

If you have any questions about the above, please feel free to give us a call on (02) 9903 8333.


No items found.
All Events