Posted by Victoria Sanderson
HammondCare Greenwich Hospital is running the Stepping-On program from 18th May 2015. It is a free, informative and fun course aimed at people over 65 to build confidence, reduce falls and maintain independence. Presenters are health professionals with backgrounds in aged care, falls prevention and rehabilitation.
The course runs for seven weeks on Mondays, from 10:00am to 12:00pm.
Who can join?
Anyone who is:
- 65 years and older
- Living at home
- Is able to walk independently or with a walking stick
- Is fearful of falling or has fallen recently
- Is living in a Northern Sydney Central Coast Area Health Service local government area
This program is not suitable for people with dementia or neuromuscular conditions.
What will be covered in the program?
- How to reduce home hazards
- Moving safely in the community
- Safe footwear
- Vision and nutrition
- Medication management
- Exercises to improve your strength and balance
Visit the Stepping-On website for further details about the program.
For more information about how to join the Stepping-On program at Greenwich Hospital please contact us on (02) 9903 8273.